Thursday, July 18, 2013

E.L.F. Cosmetics Haul and Review July 2013


So recently to celebrate their Birthday, ELF Cosmetics had for two days, a 50% off everything sale. I, of course had to get in on this. I've never tried ELF cosmetics except for an eye shadow palette which I still use to this day. Didn't want to go too crazy buying things, so I chose to try a little bit of everything I guess. All of this came out to around $28 with the 50% discount applied. I was totally excited to receive it! And to give you an idea of ELF prices, a lot of their things usually go for around $3, $6, and even $1 regular price!

In order this is what I ordered:

Purple Powder Brush
Kabuki Face Brush
Angled Blush Brush
SPF 45 Sunscreen UVA/UVB Protection Powder
Baked Eyeshadow Palette in "California"
Baked Blush in "Peachy Cheeky"
Flawless Finish Foundation in "Buff"
High Definition Powder in "Translucent"
Glossy Gloss in "Dragon fruit"






This is the Baked eye shadow palette. It sells for $10. I didn't want to put filters for any of the makeup pictures because I want to show what it really looks like. This is a nice palette, but the colors don't come through unless you use a lot of the shadow. It's not really pigmented and I'm kind of disappointed with it. 







This foundation I actually liked! It probably won't be my go to foundation because I already have a product I love but this is good for a drugstore buy! This foundation retails for $6 and blended really well.



I did put the lip gloss on but did not take a picture with it. The color is super pretty and true to what it looks like. It also is very glossy. Only fall back for me is how sticky it is. I know glosses sometimes are but this is majorly sticky and even after washing my face fully afterwards it still stayed on.




The baked blush I did not like. This retails for $3. You have to use a lot to get some kind of color on your cheeks. I guess it could be used for highlighting but not for blush. As you can see I got color on my cheeks but that was after a lot of applications.





The brushes are really nice! They retail for $6, $5, and $3. The two powder and blush brushes work really well, but the Kabuki although it is VERY soft, it doesn't blend that well in my opinion. I was so excited and hoping it would work but it just didn't blend. 




This was all done in a rush, and I messed up a lot but wanted to get in a quick use and review before heading out. I'm not a beauty expert. These are strictly my opinions on ELF products. If you're looking for a cheap cosmetics brand, and don't have a lot of money to spend on makeup; they are definitely the way to go. I'm just used to my higher end brands so that may make me a little biased. Nonetheless I will definitely  use the makeup during the week when I'm just being laid back.




No comments:

Post a Comment